Vendor rules enforcement

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
As for the other comments, I was removed from the FB group.

I'd like to chime in, this was presented to me by a group admin in the context that your removal was part of a concerted effort to undermine your ability to respond to these complaints. That would be a false assumption made by anyone thinking that, considering that Tony had started this conversation relay we can just say that it would be a false assumption by him. Some sort of suspected collective effort to spite Tony. I will say, your removal from the group(and subsequently my approval to add you back) and the events here are completely unrelated. You were removed from the group at the same time Tony's account was disabled here.

upload_2018-4-18_13-6-16.png

Now, I've already spent more time than I'd care to minding this matter, and do not wish to be involved in this process any further. I keep the ones and zeroes running here, I do not wish to be the public figure who doubles as the Judge and Jury so by all means, as you were. You will find your account on the group should be accessible so you can provide your own responses there.

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
I'd like to chime in, this was presented to me by a group admin in the context that your removal was part of a concerted effort to undermine your ability to respond to these complaints. That would be a false assumption made by anyone thinking that, considering that Tony had started this conversation relay we can just say that it would be a false assumption by him. Some sort of suspected collective effort to spite Tony. I will say, your removal from the group(and subsequently my approval to add you back) and the events here are completely unrelated. You were removed from the group at the same time Tony's account was disabled here.

View attachment 10717

Now, I've already spent more time than I'd care to minding this matter, and do not wish to be involved in this process any further. I keep the ones and zeroes running here, I do not wish to be the public figure who doubles as the Judge and Jury so by all means, as you were. You will find your account on the group should be accessible so you can provide your own responses there.

Normally I like to keep to myself and but I never understand why the BMW forums are so ban happy, or why the same forums also ban them on facebook. Yes people will be Vulgar (take the ops fuck title for example) and people will be angry when posting online, (im guilty of this) and for some reason bmw forums love to ban these people. Who cares, let them speak. If they want to destroy there own reputation let them; by silcencing them you're actually doing them a favor by reducing there online footprint and instead your hurting the consumers who you think your protecting by reducing these users online foot print.

If i see a vender acting like a child all the time then I would more than likley avoid them at all costs, but thats upto me to decide and by someone else silencing vendors from responding to posts about their own products does nothing to help the consumers, but instead hurts us. Consumers need to see both sides of the interaction in order to make a good decision on how to proceed with our purchase when the internet is full of fakenews, fake replies, fake reviews, pretty much fake everything now which makes it even more important for consumers to conduct proper research online when making purchasing decisions. BMW forums are actually helping venders/hurting customers by banning and silencing these venders. If you truly hate a company silencing and banning them only helps them in the end instead of allowing them to dig there own hole (which is how companies go under).

I dont know why chris or vargas was banned from the facebook group since or these forums (im not on it) but the way i see it is the ones who are actually doing the banning are just as bad if not worse as the ones acting like children. All you doing is helping new unsuspecting customers to the platform make uninformed decision making when they search google only to find out that theres nothing to find. If these new consumers saw a huge online footprint with all their bad behavior/posts it would do far more damage to them and instead help the consumer. Now if they are avocating violence or anything else of that nature thats illegal then thats different, but outside of that let them be them and if they continue to be vulgure to there customers and act like children then the only ones they are hurting are themselves.

I'm also not posting this in defence of vtt because i dont know there history or why you guys banned them here or on other platforms; but my responce is more of a blanket statement about all the silencing that is going on over the internet these days. Unless there advicating violence then who cares. Let the users decide if they want to see posts by certain people, setup a mute button or a block button instead of hurting all new unsuspecting customers who join the platform looking for performance mods only to find out they purchased from a company they would have never done had they seen how they act online. The same goes for facebook groups, why is your group blocked from viewing? I understand blocking it from posts who are not members, but by blocking it from everyones view you are removing its footprint from internet searches like google.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I dont know why chris or vargas was banned from the facebook group since or these forums (im not on it) but the way i see it is the ones who are actually doing the banning are just as bad if not worse as the ones acting like children. All you doing is helping new unsuspecting customers to the platform make uninformed decision making when they search google only to find out that theres nothing to find.

Ban happy, or can't follow the rules? We have rules, people don't follow them. They do not get to participate anymore. What exactly is hard about that for you to agree with? All this blah blah about silencing people, give me a break. Chris has an account here doesn't he? He can provide any and all information that company needs to express and he does so in a professional manner, hence the reason he has his account.

Please, feel free to make a list of all the people I've banned. I'll wait.

I'd also like to know how allowing this thread is helping new, unsuspecting customers make uninformed decisions. I'd like to see the logic on that.

buster84

Corporal
Mar 24, 2018
Ride
335 bmw xdrive
Ban happy, or can't follow the rules? We have rules, people don't follow them. They do not get to participate anymore. What exactly is hard about that?

I understand this is a private forum and you can do as you wish, but like is said. If your creating rules that are so easy to break then whats the point. The only rules that really matter are ones of violence. Again let them dig there own grave, why help them by banning them. Your only hurting the people you actually think your helping. You can do as you wish, i just posted my responce as how i feel about the whole situation being someone who actually experienced this in the past. I actually only ended up on these forums because its where VTT had the biggest foot print and i knew i could get help from them this way.

Again these are your forums and you can do as you wish, i just wish more people would realize that its better to let them dig there own graves instead of helping them by reducing there online footprint. I have the same argument with all forums, this is not specific to yours ect... I'm just expressing my point of view and your more than welcome to do as you wish. This is a forum, for expression views right? We'll thats what im doing so i hope you dont take offence someone trying to create an open dialog with alternative views.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The only rules that really matter are ones of violence.

Okay...can we start by agreeing that you have absolutely no experience operating a forum nor do you understand at a high level the behind the doors politics or requirements to communicate with all of the vendors and various people simultaneously?

Venom77

Private
Feb 22, 2017
Arizona
Ride
335I
Chris, you left our local group chat when Kagan pressured you about paying for Aarons labor when the turbos failed the second time. We enjoyed you in the chat, your banter with Kagan was great. Dont accuse us of kicking you out because we are "big singles" guys.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If your creating rules that are so easy to break then whats the point.

Since my question was rhetorical and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about nor any of the complexities involved in operating a site like this, instead of resting my case I'll make one more comment on the matter and the thread will be put back on topic.

Some places set a higher standard for the professionalism of its member base. Our rule-set is actually incredibly easy to abide by, in fact, I'd wager that most people have never seen the rules and remain in compliance without effort. So the truth is, they are easy to abide, not easy to break. And if someone doesn't have the capacity to follow very simple rules that others can without effort, that merely illustrates their shortcomings. If these very simple rules are indeed too difficult to abide, to minimize the embarrassment one must feel in that situation, my only recommendation is they take the short bus over to a lesser forum and try again there. If there is a problem with our rules, anyone may contact us and work to modify them where necessary. This does not mean ignore the rules and do whatever you please in the meantime. If the bouncer at the W says you can't wear cut off jeans and a white T into their club, there is a reason for that. The reason is because your image isn't good enough for their establishment. The problem is you, not the establishment or its rules.

Nobody silenced Tony, he left on his own two feet and I disabled his account afterward.