VTT

• Dark Theme is now available. Switch at the bottom of the page or in your preferences.
Mar 24, 2018
This thread was deleted because of all the people arguing, bashing each other and took away from purpose of the thread. Then it got brought back. I'm done with this thread because the bashing continued, then people now claim vtt asked me. Never happened. I deleted the thread for own reason, it's original purpose was detailed.

Here is a link to Chris's VTT aluminum outlet thread.

https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/vtt-aluminum-outlet-testing-results.3405/

Last edited:

NoQuarter

Lieutenant
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana
The outlets look great but I keep looking at the floor and the sofa material - Love them both!

I'm pretty sure I am about to finish burning through my silicone outlet pipe - They went too far before I noticed. So I am ready for some nice aluminum ones.

Mar 24, 2018
The outlets look great but I keep looking at the floor and the sofa material - Love them both!

I'm pretty sure I am about to finish burning through my silicone outlet pipe - They went too far before I noticed. So I am ready for some nice aluminum ones.
Haha thanks, that's actually an ottoman that I picked up from costco. It actually has a built in chess/checkers/backgammon gameset on the underside of those pillows lol.

The outlets seem much smaller than the silicone versions and they look like they are much easier to install.

langsbr

Lieutenant
Apr 5, 2017
Are the pipes a full 2in on these, or just at the end where they connect. Not that it really matters since it's a pressurized tube. Looks good. Let us know how the install is.

Mar 24, 2018
Are the pipes a full 2in on these, or just at the end where they connect. Not that it really matters since it's a pressurized tube. Looks good. Let us know how the install is.
They match the outlets of the turbos. What ever that size is and i belive it doubles to the full 2.5in once the turbos connect. Ill have to measure it with a ruler tomorrow when I find it somewhere lost in my garage lol.

Mar 24, 2018
I have these as well just received mine last week , quality is good and install wasn’t bad at all ( just heat wrapped them )
Would heat wrapping help? These are aluminum so they will be really good at tranfering heat to the engine bay which is better than inside your outlet pipes since the fan will push it out anyways; also wouldn't this make your intercooler work harder?

I thought most just heat wrapped exhaust?

NoQuarter

Lieutenant
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana
They match the outlets of the turbos. What ever that size is and i belive it doubles to the full 2.5in once the turbos connect. Ill have to measure it with a ruler tomorrow when I find it somewhere lost in my garage lol.
A ruler?! What kind of neanderthal are you? Use a micrometer to measure those things down to the fraction!! ;)

langsbr

Lieutenant
Apr 5, 2017
Would heat wrapping help? These are aluminum so they will be really good at tranfering heat to the engine bay which is better than inside your outlet pipes since the fan will push it out anyways; also wouldn't this make your intercooler work harder?

I thought most just heat wrapped exhaust?
I would wrap them with the reflect-a-gold heat deflection wrap, not DEI exhaust wrap. The foil is made to reflect heat back, the other is made to retain heat within. I have my silicone outlets wrapped and no issues, but for some reason mine seems to sit quite a bit further from the manifold than most pictures. I just figured it was fortuitous and didn't think much about it.

BQTuning

Corporal
Free Vendor
Jul 18, 2017
Got mine last week Friday

[email protected]

Sergeant
Free Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Much better than exploding silicone. You never want a reason to rip the car apart again after installing all this stuff.

Nov 5, 2016
SC
Has anyone installed these yet? Curious if they work with the coolant reservoir in place?

Nov 5, 2016
SC
VTT with my GC lites. They fit great once trimmed. I am sure the alumibum ones don't hit but wanted to be sure before purchasing

Mar 24, 2018
A ruler?! What kind of neanderthal are you? Use a micrometer to measure those things down to the fraction!! ;)
Updated with new photos

VTT with my GC lites. They fit great once trimmed. I am sure the alumibum ones don't hit but wanted to be sure before purchasing
Strange mine didn't hit either. I'll upload how the fitment goes once I get it the turbos back on the car, still a work in progress lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.