What exhaust is everybody running?

flexbrah

Lurker
Nov 1, 2016
I'm gonna be getting an exhaust within the next month or so, my PE mod exhaust is too tame for me. What do ya'll think of the HPF gen 2 exhaust? Or what other aggressive exhausts are out there?

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
PE is Performance Exhaust. Someone was kind enough to cut their PE mufflers open and they found a way to modify stock mufflers to sound similar.
Oh ok,i thought people were buying the performance exhaust and having it installed and calling it a mod. Technically it would be but I would just say I had performance exhaust instead of a mod.

Reactions: Euro venom

island road

Corporal
Nov 21, 2016
Boston
Ride
535xiT 2010 M Sport
autobahn exotic V1 Dual Quad with DPs. Had it for about 5 years now just the right kind of loudness while be very refined.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Problem with rev videos is the exhaust tone changes under load.
Current exhaust = 2.5" pipes, quad resonators, dual high flow secondaries and x-pipe. Love it.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
New sound clip on my Instagram! Muffler Delete, 1st shifting to second under a tunnel. recorded from my phone on the dash with the windows down, but youll get the point
I hope you enjoy:)

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I'm honestly thinking about changing my exhaust tone, I'm thinking catless DP and then a custom 3.5" single. Does anyone know how I should end that, muffler, vibrant resonator, or just straight??

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Depends on how loud you want it. Personally I like a very domesticated sound, only slightly louder than stock part of the time. Then a more aggressive note on the other times, but not straight pipes. A clean aggressive growl, so my setup is going to be more complicated than most.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Depends on how loud you want it. Personally I like a very domesticated sound, only slightly louder than stock part of the time. Then a more aggressive note on the other times, but not straight pipes. A clean aggressive growl, so my setup is going to be more complicated than most.
Idk man... I just want a deeper growlier tone. This won't happen for a while, but just gathering ideas

Tweedle335

Private
Dec 1, 2016
Illinois
Just stock at the moment :/ I'm doing downpipes in the near future, but besides that I don't know what to do. I want it to sound aggressive and be loud, but I have to drive long distances (300+ miles) at times and I worry about drone.