Ad: Hydra Performance Official Product Release Thread

chef423

Lurker
Sep 28, 2023
Can someone explain from the OP, the 'R Turbos vs the F Turbos' ?? (the pics from Omar's OP)

Thanks.

chef423

Lurker
Sep 28, 2023
Front turbo and Rear turbo.
Front as in single turbo?

I guess I dont understand the intakes for the F and R. So I need BOTH if I go with these turbos? Or the R is for the twins and the F is for a Single Turbo?

Last edited:

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d

I guess I dont understand the intakes for the F and R. So I need BOTH if I go with these turbos? Or the R is for the twins and the F is for a Single Turbo?
N54 is twin turbo. There is a turbo at the front (cylinder 1-3) and one turbo in the back from cylinder 4-6.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt

There is physically a front and rear turbo which has a matching front and rear intake. The outlet also has front and rear components and is a high flow merger forming a Y joiner at the intercooler.

The Hydra rear turbo I'm fairly certain is 335i geometry as well which matters for oil lines etc.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
There is physically a front and rear turbo which has a matching front and rear intake. The outlet also has front and rear components and is a high flow merger forming a Y joiner at the intercooler.

The Hydra rear turbo I'm fairly certain is 335i geometry as well which matters for oil lines etc.
I can't wait to get back to finish my car. Been almost 18 months in storage.

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
I'm taking advantage of my vacation to install my new hp800 gen2. I added another difficulty, the relocated PR inlets. for the moment it's not fun (plus I injured my ankle which is delaying my progress)

chef423

Lurker
Sep 28, 2023
and is a high flow merger forming a Y joiner at the intercooler.
This is the info I was looking for. ive never seen a design like this for the N54 turbos.

I guess I wasn't clear in my original question. Thanks again to the community!

Last edited:

chef423

Lurker
Sep 28, 2023
I believe Omar and the team are on holiday. No response since his initial a few weeks ago.

Looking to buy the HP650 (unless he advises on the 800) with the heat shield and the intake setup :)

chef423

Lurker
Sep 28, 2023
omar n is often on the forum at the moment. I took the liberty of sending him a message on Messenger so that he could come and talk to you here 😉
I appreciate it. I am a few week away from being able to pull the trigger so no huge rush. But by the end of Jan I need to have the turbos here and ready to install.

Reactions: seb.apprenti

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
I appreciate it. I am a few week away from being able to pull the trigger so no huge rush. But by the end of Jan I need to have the turbos here and ready to install.
goes directly to hp800 gen2 you have the best of the hp650 and the best of the hp800 combined. I am currently installing them. I'm in pain because I'm installing the PR relocated inlets kit at the same time....and the marriage of the two is a little complicated...the work is progressing really slowly

Reactions: chef423

chef423

Lurker
Sep 28, 2023
goes directly to hp800 gen2 you have the best of the hp650 and the best of the hp800 combined. I am currently installing them. I'm in pain because I'm installing the PR relocated inlets kit at the same time....and the marriage of the two is a little complicated...the work is progressing really slowly

Those would be for me. Still nothing from Omar. I am beginning to get a complex. ;)

Ill be purchase ready in 2 weeks.