Ad: Hydra Performance Official Product Release Thread

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
yes it's worse..the Hydra heat shield plate bothers a little and the Y pipe (outlets) too. but the look is great and the sound too... it's worth the hassle a little

mikeseli

Corporal
May 23, 2017
Ride
2009 BMW 335i
It is simpler to drop the engine with the crossmember to install turbo and inlets. This is a custom inlet system that is 2” at the turbo inlet side and opens to 2.25” and opens up again to 2.5” at the filter. A stepped intake setup.

Attachments

• IMG_2171.jpeg
    IMG_2171.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2172.jpeg
    IMG_2172.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
it's me. I am in the process of fixing the problem. apparently it's not the tutbos. I found an anomaly...the silicone hose that comes out of the intercooler towards the Jpipe is a little long and bends...I think that creates a restriction. I ordered what I needed to bring everything back into compliance. I keep you informed

Reactions: ShocknAwe

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
I'll explain the problem to you. I had a Chinese 7.5 intercooler, the Jpipe 3" masata kit and the vrsf pipe charge for 335d tank. the problem came from the 90° masata silicone hose which comes out of the intercooler towards the Jpipe... it was too long (I should have cut it a little) when you connect the Jpipe to the charge pipe...the Jpipe goes back a little and pinches the hose. I really think that's where my problem comes from. I ordered another 7.5 intercooler, this time I got it from BMS (it has the plate inside which allows the air flow to be better diffused). I also ordered the transmission oil radiator from BMS because the small original intercooler bothers the Jpipe a little. I also changed my coolant radiator..I took the one designed for the manual gearbox..this avoids having hoses hanging with plugs. I really hope that my problem came from the...I still have a little apprehension. I checked the adjustment of my wastegates...I adjusted it simultaneously (vacuum gun connected to a plastic T to activate the two turbos in time and be sure to have an identical adjustment) I hope my message is understandable

Reactions: wheela

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
great work... this solution is much nicer than the one proposed by Hydra. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to make one like yours. but I am trying to improve the finishes of the Y pipe which is supplied with hp800

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Is Hydra not using the straight through high flow outlets anymore? I'd really prefer pipe to hose but otherwise I have no complaints and it's a short straight stretch.